Kuala Lumpur is a kid-friendly city. With malls dedicating spaces for indoor playgrounds and restaurants serving more child-friendly meals, you can assure there are plenty of choices for fun kids activities in KL. What more, the attractions are strategically located near malls and train stations, so they are easily accessible.
Can’t wait to explore Malaysia’s capital city with your brood? Here are the recommended activities that kids and even kids at heart will love:
- Learn science at the Petrosains Discovery Centre. Taking your kids in a modern and interactive science museum like this is the best way to grasp more about the subject. Let’s admit it, science can be quite boring because of all the intricate terminologies. But with a discovery center like this one, science becomes interesting and less complex. You, yourself will eventually learn a lot as well. It could remind you of your school days learning space, exploration, and geology.
Location: The Discovery Centre, Level 4, Suria KLCC Petronas Towers
- Get a glimpse of life underwater at the Aquaria KLCC.Young ones will certainly be amazed at the vivid colors and shapes of all the sea creatures in the Aquaria. You will feel like you are being surrounded by different kinds of sea creatures as you walk on the glass underwater tunnel. There is also a dragon show that will entertain visitors of all ages. If you want your kids to witness the feeding session, it is best to visit by noon.
Location: Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre Complex, Jalan Pinang, Kuala Lumpur City Centre
- Burn off some energy at the KLCC Park. Outdoor plays help your child improve his social skills. This huge park right in the heart of the city will keep your children occupied for hours. There are big spaces to jog, there is a pool for young ones, and there is a large playground. While watching your kids play with others, you could just sit back and enjoy the relaxing greenery. The park also gives a perfect view of the Petronas Towers so you could take nice pictures. If you want to avoid the sun, come early so you can truly enjoy the place. The pool opens as early as 7 am, just a right time to swim during those scorching hot days.
Location: Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur City Centre
- Let your children explore the adult world at KidZania Kuala Lumpur. Imaginative role play enforces positive behavior because it teaches the value of giving and taking. Through pretend play, your tyke practices his negotiating skills and it helps him better understand grown-up stuff. KidZania Kuala Lumpur has around 100 role-play activities for children. They have 60 establishments, including a mini McDonalds, hospital, fire station, and pharmacy.
Location: Curve NX, 18, Jalan PJU 7/5, Mutiara Damansara, Petaling Jaya
- Meet and greet SpongeBob and Patrick at the Nickelodeon Lost Lagoon. Going in a water theme park is a fun way to beat the heat. Just a short drive from Kuala Lumpur will take you and your kids to an extraordinary water adventure. This theme park at Sunway Lagoon is popular among tourists because of the SpongeBob Splash Adventure where the Great Slime Deluge happens. Though it can be quite messy, you should not miss it because a Nick adventure is not complete without the slime!
Location: No 3, Jalan PJS 11/11, Bandar Sunway, Petaling Jaya
Going on a day out with kids, especially with little ones, can be a monstrous task. Plan your trip accordingly so you could make the most out of your trip. Join in the fun and you will surely be amused as well! A day out with kids is a nice opportunity to learn something new while bonding with your family.