It’s highly recommended that you seriously consider getting a good air purifier especially if you live in an urban area in Malaysia. Many cities in the country are suffering from haze. This is a type of pollution that’s composed of a combination of smoke from all sorts of sources like factories, automobiles, restaurant, or any establishment where there’s burning going on. Haze is just one of numerous factors causing problems in the air. With that said, now is the time to install an air purifier in your home or office.
The Advantages of Getting an Air Purifier
- It offers an effective protection against haze. Haze is known to aide in the development of illnesses especially in the respiratory system. Such illnesses may include bronchitis, whooping cough, asthma, tuberculosis, and even lung cancer. One of the problems with haze is that it sometimes floats rather high in the air so if you live in a high-rise apartment, you are taking in copious amounts of it whenever you take a breath. You can help protect yourself from the bad effects of haze by installing an air purifier in your home or apartment.
- It helps in eliminating allergens from your home. Are you allergic to dust, plant pollen, or dander from pets like cats and dogs? These are the most common triggers for allergies that are associated with the respiratory system. For some people, just a few intakes of dust can easily trigger non-stop coughing or an asthma attack. A lot of these allergens are floating in the air which means they can’t be cleaned out using a broom or a vacuum cleaner. An air purifier would be much more effective in sucking them out.
- It is effective in sucking out floating moulds, spores, and viruses in the air. Do you ever wonder why hospitals and medical centers use air purifiers? It’s because these machines assist in preventing the spread of air-borne diseases in their premises. Moulds, spores, and viruses are invisible to the naked eye so you are completely unaware while inhaling them. Making matters worse is the fact that Malaysia is a humid country. Moulds and spores tend to thrive in humid environments.
- It helps in removing nasty odours from a room. If you live in an apartment block, cooking odours from within your apartment or from your neighbours can float around the room. If there’s very little air circulation, the odours will stay there for a long time. Some of these odours even tend to stick to your clothes and furniture.
- It is efficient in sucking out second-hand cigarette smoke from the air. Even if you don’t smoke, you can still suffer from the effects of second-hand smoke. This is always the case if you live in an apartment complex or residential area where many people suck on cigarettes. It’s too easy for cigarette smoke to get to your room. With a good air purifier, most of these second-hand smoke are removed from the air just seconds after they enter your room.
- Air purifiers also serve as ventilators and air circulators. Keep in mind that an air purifier sucks in air then releases clean air out. This means that the machine keeps the air in a room moving and circulating. Overall, this prevents particles and pollutants in accumulating in the air. Stagnant air is a breeding ground for viruses, moulds, and spores. If the air rarely moves, the particles and pollutants just pile up over each other. Keep in mind that most of these are airborne which means they aren’t going anywhere unless the room is properly ventilated or circulated.
To get an air purifier in Malaysia, just visit an appliance store near you. You can also purchase all sorts of purifiers online. Whether you are specifically looking for an good quality air purifier for haze or a purifier for second-hand smoke, it’s not that difficult to find the exact machine you need.